How Your Credit Score Impacts Your Financial Future

Understanding the Brokerage Account Transfer Process

5 Questions to Ask When Your Broker Changes Firms

Immediately question your broker about any transaction that you do not understand or did not authorize with your broker.  If you are not satisfied with your brokers response, contact the firms branch manager or compliance department. If you lost money or there was an unauthorized trade made in your account, you should complain in writing. Retain copies of your letter and of all other related correspondence with the brokerage firm.

There can be no assurances that any action taken by FINRA will result in a payment or return of funds or securities to you even where formal disciplinary actions are taken and sanctions imposed. Relying exclusively on the outcome of FINRAs investigation may close other avenues of redress if you wait too long to proceed. You may wish to review information on FINRAsArbitration & Mediation Programs.

Other – Complaints other than those noted in the sections below

You have two options when filing a complaint. You can use our online complaint form or you can print out a complaint form and mail or fax it to us.

If you have a question about your investments or our rules, pleasecontact us.

You also canforward spamor junk email recommending that you invest in a stock or other investment.

Sometimes, investors have problems with buy or sell orders such as slow execution, execution at an unanticipated price or failure to execute. Other problems with buy or sell orders can also occur.

For examples of conduct that is prohibited in the securities industry, visit ourProhibited ConductWeb page.

Illegal insider trading refers generally to buying or selling a security, in breach of a fiduciary duty or other relationship of trust and confidence, while in possession of material, nonpublic information about the security.

Problems with Manipulation of Security Price or Volume:

If you believe that the price or volume of a security is being manipulated, wed like to know about it.

At times, investors transfer their securities accounts between brokerage firms. While the process generally runs smoothly for the vast majority of the thousands of accounts transferred each year, there are times when delays occur and investors have problems. For more information, please readUnderstanding the Brokerage Account Transfer Process.

Who Handles 401(k), Pension or Retirement Plan Problems?

If your problem involves a 401(k), pension or retirement plan, be sure to contact the U.S. Department of LaborEmployee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA). EBSA enforces the rules governing the conduct of plan managers, investment of plan money, reporting and disclosure of plan information, enforcement of the fiduciary provisions of the law, and workers benefit rights. If your problem involves a brokerage firm serving as the administrator of your 401(k) or other retirement planor if it involves an individual broker who provided advice or handled transactions in your retirement planthen you should file your complaint with FINRA.

Who Handles Problems with Investment Advisers and Financial Planners?

Not all investment advisers and financial planners are FINRA-licensed brokers or brokerage firms. Your complaint may need to be directed to other organizations depending on who has jurisdiction over the investment adviser or financial planner.

If you are unsure of what type of complaint you have and choose to file it with FINRA, we will evaluate the complaint and may pass it on to the appropriate regulator if it is not within FINRAs jurisdiction. Forwarding your complaint to other regulators may delay the process of investigating your complaint. You may wish to contact aFINRA District Officeto discuss your complaint prior to completing this form to better understand which regulatory organization should address your complaint.

Investor Complaint CenterFile a complaint about fraud or unfair practices.

Whistleblower Tip-Line866-96-FINRA or[emailprotected]

Small Firm Helpline833-26-FINRA () (M to F 9-5 ET)

Office of the OmbudsmanReport a concern about FINRA. (888) 700-0028

File a Regulatory TipTo report on abuse or fraud in the industry.