See Schwabs comprehensive list of commissions, fees, and other costs.
Understand common costs of investing, what they are and what you could pay at Schwab versus other firms.
$4.95 online equity trades + Satisfaction Guarantee.
$4.95 online equity trades + Satisfaction Guarantee.
Get Automated Investing with Professional Guidance
More choices. More ways to invest how you want.
Automated investing, professional advice, or trade on your own.
More choices. More ways to invest how you want.
Automated investing, professional advice or trade on your own.
Retirement Savings Strategies: 40s and beyond
International investments: the foreign tax credit
Understanding these principles can help you reach your financial goals.
Meet the experts behind Schwabs investing insights.
These 8 mental mix-ups could be costing you money. Do you know what they are?
These 8 mental mix-ups could be costing you money. Do you know what they are?
This site is intended for U.S. residents. Please visit your local site for products and services relevant to you. Continue by selecting your location from the drop-down menu.
Expert advice + advanaced texhnology combined to create a customized financial plan.
Schwabs pricing is some of the lowest in the industry.
500+ commission-free ETFs & thousands of no-load, no-transaction fee mutual funds
$0 account opening or maintenance fees and most accounts have $0 minimums
No charge to work with a Schwab Financial Consultant (other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply)
We strive to keep fees low so that you have more to invest.
There are certain eligibility requirements for working with a dedicated Financial Consultant.
1. Restrictions apply: The standard online $4.95 commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions (except for vested equity awards issued from an employer or corporate stock plan trades). See theCharles Schwab Pricing Guidefor Individual Investors for full fee and commission schedules.
2. Conditions Apply: Trades in ETFs available through Schwab ETF OneSource™(including Schwab ETFs™) are available without commissions when placed online in a Schwab account. Service charges apply for trade orders placed through a broker ($25) or by automated phone ($5). An exchange processing fee applies to sell transactions. Certain types of Schwab ETF OneSource transactions are not eligible for the commission waiver, such as short sells and buys to cover (not including Schwab ETFs). Schwab reserves the right to change the ETFs we make available without commissions. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses. Please see pricing guide for additional information. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., Member SIPC, receives remuneration from third-party ETF companies participating in Schwab ETF OneSource for recordkeeping, shareholder services, and other administrative services, including program development and maintenance.
3. Trades in no load funds available through Schwabs Mutual Fund OneSource®service (including Schwab Funds), as well as certain other funds, are available without transaction fees when placed through m or our automated phone channels. For each of these trade orders placed through a broker, a $25 service charge applies. Schwabs short-term redemption fee of $49.95 will be charged on redemption of funds purchased through Mutual Fund OneSource®service and held for 90 days or less. Schwab reserves the right to change the funds we make available without transaction fees and to reinstate fees on any funds. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC, receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource service for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services. Schwab also may receive remuneration from transaction fee fund companies for certain administrative services. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., Member SIPC, receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource service for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services. Schwab also may receive remuneration from transaction fee fund companies for certain administrative services.
4. There are no fees to open or maintain your account. Other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply.
You can open an account online, by phone, or in one of over 300 branches.
Click hereto open an account online in about 10 minutes.
Moving your existing account to a new brokerage firm may seem daunting, but Schwab makes the process easy:
Need help? Our account transfer specialists can assist you every step of the way. Call us at.
Click hereto open a Schwab account orlog into begin the transfer process.
Our wide selection of investment products provides you with the numerous choices in building a diversified portfolio to help reach your goals.
A mutual fund is an investment vehicle made up of a pool of funds from many investors that buys stocks, bonds, and other securities.
Mutual funds make it easy to diversify your portfolio and get professional management, so you dont have to research, buy, and track every security in the fund.
A stock represents a share in the ownership of a company, including a claim on the companys earnings and assets. As such, stockholders are partial owners of the company.
Stocks are fundamental to nearly every portfolio and have historically outperformed most other investments over time (past performance cannot guarantee future results).
An ETF, or exchange-traded fund, is an investment fund or portfolio of securities that holds assets like stocks, bonds, or commodities, generally designed to track an index. Unlike mutual funds, which are bought from or redeemed by the fund company for that days closing net asset value (NAV), ETFs are bought and sold at market value, trading on an exchange throughout the day.
In addition to adding diversity to your portfolio, ETFs typically have higher daily liquidity and lower fees than mutual fund shares, making them an attractive alternative for individual investors.
An option is a financial derivative that represents a contract sold by one party (the option writer) to another party (the option holder). The contract offers the buyer the right, but not the obligation, to buy (call) or sell (put) a security or other financial asset at an agreed-upon price (the strike price) until or upon a specific date (expiration date).
Options can provide more-flexible strategies than stocks.
Futures are financial contracts obligating the buyer to purchase an asset or the seller to sell an asset, such as a physical commodity or a financial instrument, at a predetermined future date and price.
Futures can provide a fast and cost-effective way for you to access financial and commodity markets around the clock.
A closed-end fund (CEF), or closed-ended fund, is a pooled investment fund with a portfolio managed by an investment advisor. CEFs issue a fixed number of shares that trade on an exchange and are not redeemable from the fund. Unlike open-end funds (i.e., mutual funds), new shares in a closed-end fund are not created by managers to meet demand from investors.
Closed-end funds offer investors diversification along with the potential for regular income distributions.
Fixed income investments are types of investments that seek to provide interest payments at regular intervals.
Fixed income investments can give you a reasonably dependable income stream while also providing portfolio diversification, capital preservation, and (in some cases) potential tax benefits.
Money market funds invest in short-term debts that typically have low risk.
Money market funds can offer stability of capital, liquidity, and yield.
Global investing can provide more portfolio diversification and has the potential for investment opportunities in emerging markets around the world.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling . Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Money market funds are neither insured nor guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Although certain funds may seek to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the fund.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investors shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF. Shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than the net asset value (NAV).
Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options through Schwab. Please read the options disclosure document titledCharacteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.
Futures trading carries a high level of risk and is not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade futures. Please read theRisk Disclosure Statement for Futures and Optionsbefore considering any futures transactions.
Fixed income securities are subject to increased loss of principal during periods of rising interest rates. Fixed-income investments are subject to various other risks including changes in credit quality, market valuations, liquidity, prepayments, early redemption, corporate events, tax ramifications and other factors.
International investments involve additional risks, which include differences in financial accounting standards, currency fluctuations, geopolitical risk, foreign taxes and regulations, and the potential for illiquid markets. Investing in emerging markets may accentuate these risks.
Trading with Schwab means getting the innovative tools, premium insights, robust education, and dedicated specialist support of Schwab Trading Servicesall of which help give you what you need to make informed and timely trading decisions. And all with no trade minimums or platform fees (other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply; see our Pricing guide for details).
Experience high-qualitytrade executionsand use convenient online order tools including the All In One Trade Ticket®.
Trade with powerful web, software, and mobiletrading platformsfeaturing advanced tools that are intuitive to use.
Find your next trade withintuitive tools, plus trading insights and discussions from our Trading Community.
Sharpen your instincts with actionabletrading research and insightsfrom Schwab and third parties.
Sharpen yourtrading skillsusing over 300 articles, videos, and guides, plus live and virtual trading workshops.
A one-on-one consultation with atrading specialistincludes a strategy review, help setting up your tools, and more.
Receive priority access to dedicated specialists for ongoing, professionaltrading guidance.
We believe investing should be done on your terms. So even if you want to manage your investments yourself, you can access our expert research, insights, platforms, and service specialists to help you when you need it.
Take advantage of our online tools, extensive research, expert insights, education opportunities, and dedicated support to help you make informed and timely decisions about your investments.
Meet with a Schwab Financial Consultant to evaluate your current portfolio and, if needed, help you make adjustments so youll have a plan that addresses your long- and short-term goals.
Call us atfor 24/7 investing support and to learn more about how we can help you reach your financial goals.
Youll pay no ATM fees1or transaction fees2and have no account minimums while banking anytime, anywhere with Schwab Mobile3. The Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking®4account is linked to a Schwab One® brokerage account so you can easily manage both accounts with a single login.
There are no monthly account service fees, youll earn interest on your balance, and your account is FDIC-insured up to $250,000.5Youll receive free standard checks and a Visa® Platinum Debit Card once the account has been funded.
Opena Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking account orlearn more.
1. Unlimited ATM fee rebates apply to cash withdrawals using the Schwab Bank Visa® Platinum debit card (also referred to as a check card or Visa check card) wherever it is accepted. ATM fee rebates do not apply to any fees other than fees assessed for using an ATM to withdraw cash from your Schwab Bank account. Schwab Bank makes its best effort to identify those ATM fees eligible for rebate, based on information it receives from Visa and ATM operators. In the event that you have not received a rebate for a fee that you believe is eligible, please call a Schwab Bank Client Service Specialist for assistance at. Schwab Bank reserves the right to modify or discontinue the ATM fee rebate at any time.
2. Schwab Bank does not assess foreign transaction fees (i.e., a fee to convert US Dollars to local currency) to debit cardholders.
3. Requires a wireless signal or mobile connection. Access to Electronic Services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrade, maintenance, or for other reasons. Functionality may vary by operating system and/or device. Mobile carrier data charges may apply.
4. Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking accounts are available only as linked accounts with Schwab One®accounts. The Schwab One brokerage account has no minimum balance requirements, and there is no requirement to fund this account, when it is opened with a linked High Yield Investor Checking account.
5. Funds deposited at Charles Schwab Bank are insured, in aggregate, up to $250,000 based on account ownership type, by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
At Schwab, you have access to a wide range of investment management services to help you reach your goals. And youll have access to a variety of investment strategies, investment advice, and the ability to regularly monitor and rebalance your portfolio.
We take a modern approach to investing. We believe in asking questions, being engaged, and taking ownership of your future.
We measure ourselves not only by what we do, but by how we do it. Every action and decision is based on building trust and seeing things through the eyes of our clients.
Schwab was selected as one of the Top 50 companies on the 2019 Worlds Most Admired Companies®list. Schwab also ranked 1 for Innovation in Key Attributes of Reputation within the Securities and Asset Management category.1
Dont just take our word for it.See what clients have to say about Schwab.
1. From FORTUNE Magazine, February 2019. ©2019 Fortune Media IP Limited. FORTUNE and The Worlds Most Admired Companies are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of Charles Schwab.
At Schwab, we believe in putting investors first. We champion investors and those who serve them because we believe everyone should have the opportunity to achieve great financial outcomes.
We see the world through your eyes. We get to know you and your needs before we make investment recommendations. We offer guidance, insights, and support no matter what type of account you have.
1 Broker Overall ranking by Investors Business Daily.
Other sites for advisors, investment professionals and employers:
Get information aboutSchwab Advisor Services
Get information about Schwab Funds®and Schwab ETFs fromCharles Schwab Investment Management
Get information aboutSchwab Corporate Services
Check the background of Charles Schwab or one of its investment professional onFINRAs BrokerCheck.
Credit Notice: From Investors Business Daily, January 28, 2019, ©2019 Investors Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution or retransmission of this Content without express written permission is prohibited. Results based on an Investors Business Daily (IBD) and Technometrica survey of 2,762 visitors to the IBD website between November and December 2018. Those individuals were asked to name and rate their primary online broker. Limiting data analysis to only those firms that were cited by 200 or more participants, six online brokers were ranked based on Customer Experience Index scores for fourteen separate attributes. For further information on how the ratings were calculated, seeIBDs Criteria and Methodology.
Brokerage Products: Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc. (CSIM) is the investment advisor for Schwab Funds and Schwab ETFs. Schwab Funds are distributed by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (Schwab), Member SIPC. Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). CSIM and Schwab, are separate but affiliated companies and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation, and are not affiliated with SIDCO.
The Charles Schwab Corporation provides a full range of brokerage, banking and financial advisory services through its operating subsidiaries. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC), offers investment services and products, including Schwab brokerage accounts. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank (member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides deposit and lending services and products. Access to Electronic Services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrade, maintenance, or for other reasons.
This site is designed for U.S. residents. Non-U.S. residents are subject to country-specific restrictions. Learn more about our services fornon-U.S. residents.